Sunday, November 1, 2015


A Breakthrough - Virtual Gastric Band


Light at Last - a blog about weight loss

Dorothy Rodwell, LMFT

November 1, 2015




A sense of fullness
Happens quickly with each meal
Making change easy

Virtual Gastric Band



As I have been working with the LIGHT system of permanent weight loss, I have been reading many resources and discovered one that I want to include here now.  While in the UK this year I was introduced to the Virtual Gastric Band procedure and how it shifts relationships with food.

This type of program has been in existence for years and is a variation of the laparoscopic gastric banding used for weight loss.  This medical procedure has a surgeon putting a band around the upper part of the stomach so that the amount of food that a person eats is reduced as he/she feels full after just a small amount of food.  The prep for this surgery includes reduction in food intake.  Psychologists  wondered that if people could reduce their food intake before the surgery why couldn’t they do the same thing and not have the physical surgery but a mental surgery instead.  And what they discovered is that yes, many folks can do just that.

On September 9, 2015 I had my Virtual Gastric Band operation and am very happy with the results.  In fact, I am already passing along what I have learned to others who are also enjoying a new found sense of control over what they eat, how and where they eat it.

What I have noticed is that although we may not want to be forced to give up food, when we choose to eat intelligently realizing that we are not a garbage can for excess food anymore, we can stick to our plan until it becomes our new norm.




No comments:

Post a Comment