Sunday, June 28, 2015





Look Beyond the Obvious



Light at Last - a blog about weight loss

Dorothy Rodwell, LMFT

June  28, 2015

Beginning to move
I feel the expectations
Soften and expand



“I am doing what I can and it isn’t working the way I want.”

As I sit on the swing and it begins to move, there is a sense of motion.  It’s not uncontrolled motion although at first my body jerks as it gets used to the movement.  The tenseness (brought about by a sudden sense of the body in space) recedes and pleasure takes all my attention.  It is then I notice the surroundings (the sky, the green, the earth, and the air cooling my skin).  If I want to go higher I move my legs more and I can explore how much control I have over this swing.
Swinging on the swing is so pleasant and any effort just makes it better.

Why can’t my eating be like that?

It can – be light at last and be free.

What is obvious about eating and losing weight?
·         There are many paths to do this that work for some folks.  (And as a corollary there are paths for you among them). 
·         The environment/life style has an impact.  And the good news there is that life styles can shift in ways that enhance growth and creativity.  Don’t forget the impact that marketing has on us – even to try new diets/foods/and approaches.
·         Our thoughts, self talk, beliefs, behaviors, and emotions all make a difference.  Is there a perfect way to approach eating?  I have given up looking for one and believe there is not a perfect way to approach anything and indeed, that wanting results strongly sets up a stress response in the nervous system that turns down our ability to rest, digest, and heal.

Does this seem complex?  It is.  According to Dr Jon Connelly (Founder of Rapid Resolution Therapy) when things are complex they can shift with just a small adjustment (moving one component just an inch). Imagine your computer and how a technical person can move just one component and disable the entire thing.  And yet, we don’t think that the computer will never break down.  In fact, we have plans for when it does. 

I’m thinking that there is a simple way through this maze of complexity and it can be found and applied now. 

Imagine being in a swing and getting that push to get started! Be free…………
  
Light at Last

Dorothy Rodwell, LMFT

No comments:

Post a Comment